Thursday 14 June 2012

Let Them Eat Cake


The bestest invention in the history of mankind has to be the cake. There is nothing a piece of cake and a cup of tea cannot cure. Today, I stumbled upon the upgrade - and it is adorable! I have never seen something so cute and entirely edible.

Cake Pops. Literally a miniature cupcake on a stick covered in icing. It is genius. 



Apparently they're made famous by Bakerella and by Starbucks and are the latest trend in dessert culture. I couldn't really care less. I just think they look delicious.

I will definitely be trying out the recipe I found. Here is it if anyone else wants to give it a go:


 
Ingredients
Inside:
100g chocolate (milk, white or dark - whatever takes your fancy)
250g cake (you can bake your own or use a brought cake of any flavour)
A couple of tablespoons of whatever other stuff you want (like nuts or coconut)

Decoration:
300g chocolate
Few drops of food colouring
Hundreds and Thousands or chocolate sprinkles or whatever

You also need lollipop sticks. 

Preparation method
  1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.)
  2. Crumble the cake into a bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate and stuff.
  3. Roll golf ball sized pieces of the mixture into balls. Stick a lollipop stick into each ball and set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
  4. Meanwhile, melt the decoration chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.) Stir in the food colouring.
  5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle the sprinkles onto a plate.
  6. Remove the balls from the fridge, dip them into the chocolate, then coat in the sprinkles and place onto the baking tray. Set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
I'm not the best housewife in the world but I like cake and will give this my best shot. I doubt it'll turn out as amazing as these ones though.



 


I am so hungry right now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment