Saturday 17 March 2012

If Love is Blind


"If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?"



I would say the evolution of my knicker drawer is a perfect parallel for my emotional journey from child to teenager to (almost) adult. Throughout the majority of my life the style or colour of my underwear has had understandably little connection with my overall happiness. It was only with the trauma of my first 'proper' relationship that I realised my undies needed a serious overhaul. I imagine most of my female contemporaries know what I mean by that. Suddenly  your pink princess knickers seem a little silly and it can matter acutely at times that bra and undies don't match.

I found myself wearing dull underwear when I wasn't seeing my boyfriend and saving the few decent, matching sets for when I did. I do have a bad habit of worrying too much. Thankfully I have a disgustingly laid back boyfriend who I really am quite lucky to have all things considered. After a while I slowly began shopping with myself in mind rather than just the boyfriend and I realised something. So this is my feminist point for today. Don't wear nice undies because you feel a guy won't love you so much if you're not. He should love what's inside. (By that I mean inside you, not directly inside your underwear.) You should wear nice things for yourself, to make yourself feel beautiful - if you prefer comfortable and less frilly panties, you are in your rights to do so. Your happiness is important and if a fellow is really worth it, that will matter to him more than the colour of your underwear.


2 comments:

  1. When you get to my age with 2 kids you type of undies are the last thing you think about. I don't think any of my sexy undies even fit any more its been that long since i worer them lol. Give me comfy any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He should love what's inside. (By that I mean inside you, not directly inside your underwear.)" this bit made me ROFLYSST (roll on floor laughing yet somehow still typing).


    In response to this---> "if love is blind why is lingerie so popular?" I would describe lingerie as a by product of lust, and I'd describe lust as love's annoying younger sibling or friend that they must occasionally spend time with.

    I like having mismatching or matching underwear really, I'm not fussy so long as its fancy :)

    ReplyDelete