Monday 9 July 2012

Drunk I Am


"I'm not as think as you drunk I am!"




Everyone knows all teenagers are deviant, and like to get drunk and fornicate whenever they get the chance. We are a completely different race to 'adults' and it is God's own truth that they ever did anything like this when they were younger..

I admit, going out drinking, or staying in and drinking, are favourite teenage pastimes. I indulge on occasions. That doesn't mean in any way that we're going to go on to beat up old ladies or rob from little children. That does not necessarily follow.    

Alcohol holds a certain fresh attraction for me, as it's something I, at 18, can only just really experience - legally, that is. Going out with friends is fun. There is nothing wrong in dancing and drinking a bit. I'm not the most hardcore of people and tend to fall asleep after a while so enjoy the idea of house parties more. I enjoy, probably more than I should, sitting on the floor of friend's kitchens with a drink in one hand and a piece of bread in the other. (Bread helps soak up alcohol and is usually found in some odd places round the house after parties.) At friend's houses you can pick the music you listen to as well, which beats the rubbish generally blasted out in clubs. There's a comfy sofa on hand for if you want to crash out and a toilet nearby in case anyone drinks a little too much - either that or you could give them a mug to throw up in but that turned out to be not such a good idea.    

I admit that I do quite enjoy it all. Sometimes though, during the morning after the night before, I do wonder why we all love it so much. It's obviously bad for you in the long run - and can make you sick in the short term. (Let's pretend I don't speak from experience there.) It's also expensive. If you go out on the town, you generally get the pleasure of being in a confined space with people who smell, and get leered at by funny looking guys at the bar. People spill drinks on your shoes, or in the case of me at a party once, in my new shoes.  Then some of us have to get up early the next day and go to work, which is never a nice experience.

I think, hobby-wise, I shouldn't take up drinking as I'm not very good at it. Being a light-weight has certain monitory advantages though but I don't advocate it as a vocation. We should take up something respectable, like stamp collecting. Although I think I might stick to deviance, which is more fun..    

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you like parties! Really looking forward to the 12th August and my 30th birthday celebrations! There will be some alcohol there but if you want to bring anything particular then please do so. I also sometimes wonder why alcohol is so alluring the day after, however the taste of an ice cold Budweiser shandy on a hot day is just awesome!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thank you for your comments, ladies. :D

    ReplyDelete