Tuesday 1 May 2012

Stress is Nothing


"Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness" (Richard Carlson)

 



This month I will be doing my final 'A' Level exams. The stress is just starting to show. The results of these will determine my immediate future and I am beginning to panic. Every time a little thing goes wrong, I practically hit the roof. I only got a B in my English Mock and was depressed for the rest of the day, getting furious at my boyfriend and practically dumping him when he said something I didn't like over lunch. My parents seem to be avoiding me now too. I told my mum to shut up today and she said if I did that again she'd send me to bed with no dinner. I am not usually rude to my mother and don't plan to be again soon but I am interested to see how that would play out as I am now slightly bigger than her and not sure how she intends to keep an 18-year-old from their dinner.

I'm currently alone in the lounge, surrounded by a mess of papers. Filing is not my strong point and I keep losing things that I think will end up being crucial to my exams. I went shopping yesterday for some snazzy new pens and a crisp new writing pad, hoping this would inspire me to do some revision. Unfortunately, after I had decorated the front page and carefully divided the pad up, heading each section with my subjects, I had no time left to revise.

The stress-induced eating is also starting to become more pronounced. Not only has most of my lunch money gone on chocolate, but I fear I will soon have to buy some more leggings as I slowly creep up a dress size through comfort-eating.   

I think blogging will be put on hold, partly because I should be revising and partly because my soul has been sucked out so much by my work load that I haven't enough inspiration to fill a teaspoon.

If I survive, I will return.  
 

3 comments:

  1. You'll survive, we all did, although it is a stressfull time. you have my hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger Award. Please look at my blog to find out why and to take part. XX

    ReplyDelete